The Mohammed Bin Rashid Space Centre (MBRSC) has extended the registration deadline for the second batch of the UAE Astronaut Programme until May 1.
The decision was taken based on the huge response they've received so far, with the MBRSC hoping that the extension will encourage more Emirati nationals to apply.
The programme - reviewed by a committee including astronauts, Hazzaa Al Mansoori and Sultan Al Neyadi - aims to shortlist two UAE nationals to join the astronaut corps.
Yousuf Hamad Al Shaibani, MBRSC Director-General, said, "Our capabilities in the space sector are growing rapidly, and the next two Emirati astronauts will add immense impetus to our ambition for crewed space exploration.”
Those seeking to apply for the second batch of the UAE Astronaut Programme can visit MBRSC website.


UAE denounces attack targeting Barakah plant
Abdullah bin Zayed discusses Barakah drone strike with Arab FMs
UAE confirms Eid Al Adha to begin on May 27
UAE says two drones intercepted as third strikes generator near Barakah plant
Abdullah bin Zayed condemns drone strike in call with IAEA chief
UAE ranked among world’s top 10 governments in global index
Abu Dhabi authorities respond to fire from drone strike in Al Dhafra
Dubai's Al Khaleej Tunnel Project targets huge cut to travel time by 2030
